Thursday, April 10, 2008

I love computers; that's the most basic reason I have thought of when I decided taking up Information Technology at a prestigious school. I didn't know what subjects would I focus on nor did I know what I would do if I graduate. Except the fact that I know how to use the mouse and type the keys in my keyboard, I can say there's nothing special about me loving computers.

Now that I already spent my two years surviving with the same course and am half-way through graduation; I guess it's now time to decide what job I would apply for after I graduate. Since I am an IT major, I would, needless to say, be suitable at jobs that involve programming, web design and the like. Moreover, if I want the best, I might as well choose the best job there can be and that is being a WEBMASTER.

Webmaster. The world itself says it all. Master, as defined in the Oxford Dictionary is a person who has dominance or control over something. Therefore, a webmaster is someone who controls the web. That's funny though. However, a webmaster, in the most technical sense, would be the person responsible for the Web server. The administrator in charge of keeping the Web site up and the server running - but not the person in charge of building the pages. Those positions would be filled by Web Developers, Web Designers, Web Writers, Information Architects, and Web Producers. He may not be familiar with any programming languages but he is responsible for adding pages, removing parts and asking the programmers to change something. Since I do not boast any good grades in programming, I might try being a webmaster. (Laughs)

After choosing what job to take, the next step is finding companies who would accept the job. Here is a list of those companies:

  • Google
  • 37signals
  • Adaptive Path
  • Ludicorp
  • Amazon.com
  • Second Story
  • Yahoo!
  • Happy Cog Studios
  • frog design & Six Apart (a tie)
  • Cuban Council



  • Now that I already chose what job I would do in the future and the possible companies I can apply to, then I guess I'm ready to go..:)

    No comments: