Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Walk to Remember: A Movie Review not a Synopsis


If you were some high school punk rated the most popular student in your school, would you even care take a look at a high school nerd who constantly wears her ugly jacket, which she wore when she was in fourth grade? If you were this girl, on the other hand, would you dare talking to this punk ran after by a bunch of girls who know nothing but flirt? Of course, you wouldn’t. “Two worlds will never meet,” they say. However, the movie A Walk to Remember breaks this rule by making two high school students bounce against each other because of the punk’s mischief.

I was in my mid- high school when Mandy Moore soar to popularity. I had her CDs and watched her movies. Therefore, the reason I watched A Walk to Remember was because I idolized her, no more no less. However, as I watched the movie, I realized that there’s more to that movie than a Top of The Charts singer leading actress. The movie talks about passion, love and loyalty of the nerd and the punk whose love was tested by fate.

After the entire movie was shown, I was left sitting in my chair and eagerly invited my classmates to watch the show one more time. The passion portrayed by the two leads despite the negative forces around inspired me. In my opinion, the movie should be considered a fiction since it’s close to impossible to ever see that kind of passion in reality. To continue loving a person despite knowing her disease, which may cause her death is impressive and inspiring. I would really want to see that kind of love in reality.

Overall, although the movie is about a couple of years shown already, I still recommend it. I even bought a copy of my own and watched the movie more than a hundred times and I’m not getting weary from watching it. If you haven’t tried watching the movie yet, better try. You will still be inspired despite the old setting. If you’re disappointed, come to me and I’ll pay you bucks.

No comments: