Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Just as far as the Earth and the Sun

“No, I want Java rice please,” I asked. My tummy was grumbling inside since I haven’t eaten my lunch yet. Moreover, a dish with Java rice seemed very satisfying and hunger-lessening. And so, I ordered. As expected, the dish was very tasty and delicious. However, at the back of my head I was complaining since that Java rice made me remember my hatest subject of the semester, yes, Java programming.

It’s quite ironic to know that my most favorite and hatest things actually have the same name. I sometimes even wished that the satisfaction I feel after eating Java rice can as well be the satisfaction I feel every time I finish a Java program. But it’s not. It’s as far as the earth and the sun.

Upon finishing that semester full of sleepless nights caused by Java, no one can ever compare to the fulfillment I felt. Furthermore, I even cursed that language for causing my eye bags double. So I decided to never look back to Java language and continue with my upcoming programs for the next years.

However, when summer came, I felt like my happiness won’t last long. I will still experience Java. Yes, Java. I still need to learn JAVA SERVER PAGES. I felt like my world as an IT student would end at that very moment. Well, I exaggerated there. But, what would you actually feel if you were in my case?

But since I’ve already enrolled and can never turn back time, I tolerated the entire summer. “It’s not like I will experience this all the days of my life,” I thought. So I actually programmed using Java. It felt like a retake of my past lessons, however, I needed to mix it up with HTML.

Upon learning JSP, I realized that it was actually not as difficult as I thought especially now that I seemed to have remembered everything I learned in Java programming. Moreover, I consider HTML my favorite programming language. (Laughs) It’s also very satisfying to help my classmates analyze and debug the files and actually see the eye-catching output. (Laughs again)

In the end, after thinking that Java language can never compare to the satisfaction I feel every time I finish a whole Java rice, I realized I was wrong. I actually felt that kind of satisfaction. It just proves that the earth and the sun can actually meet.

2 comments:

jmluvsagain said...

hi yak.. i link ko.. g link na tka..

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog